Max Protect Ultimate Nano Coat v1 - the original Nano Glass Coating
UNC v1 is a permanent nano glass coating and will bond to most surfaces of the vehicle. Paintwork, plastic trim, rubber, metal, vinyl, Perspex glass, wheels, exhausts, chrome, etc., can all be protected with a simple application of Ultimate Nano Coat v1.
Adds deep gloss to the paintwork and restores plastic trim back to the original colour without making it shiny. All protected surfaces are water, oil and dirt repellent and totally sealed.
Thanks to the state of the art human engineering, UNC v1 is super durable and has high resistance to chemical attacks (truck wash, bird poo, acid rain, wheel cleaner, salt on roads, bugs, etc.), it also does not get damaged by sun's UV and IR rays and has strong UV filters built in. The coating will perform equally well in acidic or alkali conditions.
Ultimate Nano Coat v1 is very easy to apply and great results can be achieved by anyone. It's slowly curing, which means you have lots of time to remove it before it flashes off. This property enables it to be used by anyone, with no training necessary*
How does it work?
The coating consists of Nano scale particles, which are so tiny they can penetrate the surface and fill all the pores and cracks. Once all the pores and cracks are filled, the surface is totally sealed from inside and tiny dirt particles, brake dust, tree sap, etc. can no longer contaminate the pores and cracks. A totally sealed surface has no rough edges (tiny cracks or pores) which ensures it will stay cleaner for much longer and once it gets dirty, cleaning is very easy and most of times does not require the use of any detergents. However, we recommend using tiny amounts of car shampoo to lubricate the surface when washing the car - that will keep swirl mark build up to the minimum.
For best results on paintwork, the surface has to be machine polished before Ultimate Nano Coat v1 application. We recommend using oil/wax/filler free polishing compounds, or polishes with minimal amounts of oils/waxes/fillers in the content. After polishing the paintwork has to be degreased with panel wipe or IPA. This will ensure perfect adhesion conditions for the coating.
For a DIY application, great results can also be achieved if surface is prepared by hand-polishing.
For new cars, technically you would not need to polish it, however, every car dealership will normally put some sort of wax on the car, and therefore a light machine polish can be a better and quicker solution in many cases. Also it's a fact that the paintwork on new cars does shine much better after a quick polish.
* Consumption: 3 ml. per 1m2 using Max Protect Applicator Micro Sponge
* Heat resistance: -60°C;+1200°C
* Can be applied in multiple layers (recommended time to wait between layers is 55-150 minutes according to temp. (5c-25c) the hotter the sooner)
* High resistance to chemical attacks (Bird poo, bugs, acid rain, heavy detergents, etc.)
* Oil, water and dirt repellent
* Not affected by suns UV or IR damage
* Strong UV filters built in
* VOC free
* 100% Inorganic
* Full Curing time: 48 hrs.
* Ads deep gloss to the paintwork
* Room temperature curing
* Slower curing time before excess removal enables wide surface coverage and shorter working time
For best results, paintwork should be machine polished before UNC v1 Application. A fine polish is all that is necessary to prepare the surface for coating application. In case of a brand new car, or a car with paintwork in excellent condition, we recommend to polish by hand, or perform a very mild, final stage machine polish. Degreasing with Panel Wipe is recommended for best results, if not available, IPA or similar cleaners will do the job too.
UNC v1 can be applied in a single layer or in multiple layers. It is often used as a base layer before UNC v2 or UNC-R application, to acchieve extended durability.
We recommend using polishing compounds with minimum or no oils in content. Polishing compounds with waxes and high oil content should be avoided.
Important: It is very important to have good lighting in the place of application! In dim light you might not spot smears left behind and removing them later will be a lot more difficult.
Good ventilation is a must to have and appropriate safety wear (Gloves, Glasses, Mask, etc.) should be worn.
Please make sure you have the following before UNC v1 application:
1. Panel Wipe – not supplied
2. Ultimate Nano Coat v1
3. Silk Coat – not supplied
5. Applicator Sponge – not supplied
6. Microfiber Towels – not supplied
Stage 1: UNC v1 Application:
Once again make sure the surface is cleaned with panel wipe before coating application. Clean the surface thoroughly with a fresh microfiber towel and make sure there are no visible marks on the paint before commencing the coating application. If the applicator sponge is making a squeaking sound when applying the first stage of the coating – that’s a good sign the paint is cleaned well. If it’s sliding easily, you might need to re-clean it again with Panel wiper or PD.
1. Open the UNC v1 bottle and put the applicator sponge on top and shake it once. Move the sponge a bit and shake it again. Do it for 3-4 times till the sponge is slightly wet, but not soaked).
2. Put the sponge on the surface and apply the coating with short and quick movements.
3. Do not apply in circular movements. Keep applying till the whole panel is covered.
3. Below temperatures of +25c leave the coating for 5-10 minutes before removal.
4. Remove the coating with a microfiber towel cloth till smear free. We recommend using 2 towels/cloths for excess coating removal.
* We recommend applying and wiping off the v1 coating at this order:
Roof, bonnet, right side, baggage, left side, bumpers and other painted surfaces.
Apply each section, wipe off thoroughly and apply to the next.
Stage 2: Silk Coat:
Silk Coat is protective layer for the coating while it’s curing. The maximum curing time is 48 hours and if you need to drive the car in that period, Silk Coat will protect the coating in all weather conditions. It also works very well as to top-up for the hydrophobic properties of the coating. We recommend applying Silk Coat for maintenance 2-4 times a year, or as often as you like. It’s super easy to apply and adds a very smooth feel to the surface.
Silk Coat Application:
1. Shake bottle well and spray in fine mist on few panels at a time. No need to cover the surface completely. 7-9 sprays per sqm are enough.
2. Remove by wiping panel gently with a fresh microfiber towel immediately after application till all white marks disappear.
1. Always use new microfiber towels/cloths
2. The coating crystallizes around the bottle necks, so take extra care when opening bottles for the first time.
3. Pay attention: once the sponge is dried, the liquid get crystalized and the sponge couldn’t be re-used.
5. Remember not to mix microfiber towels between Stage 1 & Stage 2.
6. Use Silk Coat for maintenance – super easy to apply!