UNC-R is the world’s first Nano Coating that turns into a Rubber Membrane when cured in room temperature. This flexible nature enables the finish to be ultra-resistant to wash swirl mark build-up* and does not suffer from hard water spotting like some Nano Glass Coatings do.
Incredibly glossy, super smooth and easy to clean surface is what UNC-R is all about! Same as our Nano Glass Coatings, UNC-R is a permanent coating and can only be removed with sand paper once fully cured. Has extremely high chemical resistance (Salt, Acid, Brake Dust, Exhaust Gasses, Tree-Sap, etc.) and high UV filtering properties.
Recommended to apply at temperatures below +20c, with perfect application temperatures from +5c to +15c. If you live in a hot country, please see UNC v1 or UNC v2 as an alternative, or if you are after the ultimate car paint protection, apply UNC-R in smaller patches to avoid smearing in +20c and above temperatures.
This is a Professional product and is not recommended for beginners. However, a seasoned DIY Enthusiast could handle it after learning the application instructions.
Available only from Max Protect and authorized distributors.
For best results, paintwork should be machine polished before UNC-R Application. A fine polish is all that is necessary to prepare the surface for coating application. In case of a brand new car, or a car with paintwork in excellent condition, we recommend to polish by hand, or perform a very mild, final stage machine polish. Degreasing with Panel Wipe is recommended for best results, if not available, IPA or similar cleaners will do the job too.
UNC-R can be applied in a single layer only, so you won't be able to apply UNC-R + UNC-R, for example, however, you can apply it over a previous layer, or few layers, of UNC v1, this way achieving a multi layer coating.
We recommend using polishing compounds with minimum or no oils in content. Polishing compounds with waxes and high oil content should be avoided.
Important: It is very important to have good lighting in the place of application! In dim light you might not spot smears left behind and removing them later will be a lot more difficult.
Good ventilation is a must to have and appropriate safety wear (Gloves, Glasses, Mask, etc.) should be worn.
Please make sure you have the following before UNC-R application:
1. Panel Wiper – not supplied
2. Ultimate Nano Coat-R
3. Silk Coat – not supplied (Optional)
5. Applicator Sponge – not supplied
6. Microfiber Towels – not supplied
Attention: UNC-R flashes off very quickly (quicker than UNC v2), so work on smaller areas.
1. Open the UNC-R bottle and put the applicator sponge on top and shake it once. Move the sponge a bit and shake it again. Do it for 3-4 times till the sponge is slightly wet, but not soaked).
2. Put the sponge on the surface and apply the coating with short and quick movements. Don’t do circular movements. Keep applying till the whole panel is covered.
3. Once half a panel is covered (roof, bonnet), remove the coating immediately with a fresh microfiber cloth/ towel.
4. For smaller panels like wings and other small bits we recommend not waiting more than 30 seconds before removal.
5. Apply UNC-R on one panel at a time. Take extra care to look for marks/ smears left behind as removing them later will be more difficult.
6. Use 2 microfiber towels/cloths for excess removal.
Silk Coat is recommended however not necessary if the car is not leaving immediately after application in bad weather conditions.
1. Always use new microfiber towels/cloths
2. The applicator sponge can not be re-used - always use new one.
3. Remember not to mix microfiber towels between different coatings (V1&R, etc.)
4. Use Silk Coat for maintenance – super easy to apply!
5. Above temperatures of +20c speed is necessity not a recommendation.